Become part of our team
Become a "Travel Different for Future" Promoter
Hostelling International Slovenia and JANUN Hannover e.V. are inviting you to join a unique Slovenian-German project about education & travelling if you:
- are between 18 and 28 years old,
- like to travel,
- care about environmental protection and social justice,
- are interested in sustainable lifestyles,
- like to run workshops with young people or would like to try it out,
- would be interested to become a journalist for our Blog “Travel different for Future”.
Is this you? Then it is worth reading on
Educational experts and the volunteers in the project will develop creative and interactive educational travel-themed workshops for young people and learn how to run them. The workshops will be offered by the volunteers of the projects all over Slovenia and in the Hanover Region in Germany. We call this a peer-to-peer approach. Young people teach other young people.
All costs, such as project meetings and trips to the workshops (taking place) in schools, will be covered.
The project will open doors for participants to join other regional and international educational projects.
What you get out of your participation in the project
- Methodological competence in the field of non-formal education and education for sustainable development
- Experience in working with young people
- Being part of an international team and meeting interesting people
- The opportunity to learn how to organise and work in teams at international seminars
- A certificate documenting what you have done and what you have learned throughout the project
- The opportunity to participate in other educational projects
- The possibility to develop your own ideas for projects in a team with people you will meet through this project
- The possibility to improve your English
- The opportunity to join a project that helps to change the world into a better place
- Becoming a promoter for a different way of travelling
What we expect from you
- Participation in the approx. monthly project meetings/workshops, many of which will take place online (some of them will be held in Slovenian or German).
- Running workshops, alone or in a team with a second volunteer. Workshops will last between 90 minutes and half a day and being held in Slovenian or German.
- Active participation in the project where you can bring in your own ideas.
Who we are
For many years, Hostelling International Slovenia, in cooperation with the umbrella organization Hostelling International, has been looking for ways to encourage young people in particular to a different style of travel, which is more sustainable and ECO friendly.
JANUN Hannover e.V. has been active in environmental education and environmental protection for over 30 years and has already offered around ten international youth exchange programs annually for over 20 years.
In addition to strengthening the already established programs that both organizations carry out on a daily basis, with the "Travel Different for Future" project we want to find and develop new approaches to improve the current poor situation in tourism. The idea is to develop educational workshops for young people on the topic of travel.
If you want to join us in this wonderful project, we invite you to apply now via the online form. We will inform you within a week whether we will invite you to an online meeting with the project coordinators.